Copyright © 2017 California Project LEAN. All rights reserved.
Physical Activity During the School Day
Learn how to implement low-cost strategies to improve the quantity and quality of student physical activity during the school day through recess, lunchtime, and classroom activities. Hear from Shelly Masur, School Board Member, Redwood City School District, and Matt Diskin, Physical Education Specialist and Special Education Teacher in Shasta County's Gateway Unified School District. Panel Bios
Your opinion matters to us. Let us know what you think about the video by completing a two-minute survey.
- Physical Activity and Physical Education in California Schools
- School Wellness Policy Development, Implementation and Evaluation: Research Implications for School Board Members
- Active Bodies, Active Minds: Physical Activity and Academic Achievement
- Maximizing Opportunities for Physical Activity during the School Day
- Physical Activity (for parents)
- Physical Education (for parents)
- Student Wellness: A Healthy Food and Physical Activity Policy Resource Guide
- Policy in Action: A Guide to Implementing Your Local School Wellness Policy
- School Health Index for Physical Activity and Healthy Eating: A Self-Assessment and Planning Guide
- California Project LEAN works to advance nutrition and physical activity policy in schools and communities in order to prevent obesity and its associated chronic diseases. CPL's efforts are centered around youth and parent empowerment approaches, policy and environmental change strategies, and community-based solutions that improve nutrition and physical activity environments.
- California School Boards Association supports school governance teams by producing policy briefs, publications and other resources on health issues as they relate to education, including joint use of school facilities, student wellness, physical education, physical activity and community collaboration on youth services.
- Active Living Research supports research to identify environmental factors and policies that affect physical activity.
- Jointuse.org is a website with a wealth of resources, research and information on joint use.
- Let's Move! is combating the epidemic of childhood obesity through a comprehensive approach that engages every sector impacting the health of children and provides schools, families and communities simple tools to help kids be more active, eat better, and get healthy.